WRTC Sanctioning Committee Now Accepting Proposals for 2026 Hosting
(Ljubljana, Slovenia – 15 January 2023) FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The World Radiosport Team Championship Sanctioning Committee (WRTC-SC) today announced that it is accepting proposals for hosting the 2026 WRTC event.
The World Radiosport Team Championship (WRTC) is an on-site amateur radio competition, usually held every four years. Previous WRTCs have been held in Seattle, USA (1990); San Francisco, USA (1996); Bled, Slovenia (2000); Helsinki, Finland (2002); Florianopolis, Brazil (2006); Moscow, Russia (2010); Boston, USA (2014); and Wittenberg, Germany (2018). WRTC2022, delayed due to the worldwide public health challenges and government responses to the COVID-19 pandemic, is scheduled to be held in Bologna, Italy in July 2023.
Teams of two operators representing a geographical region of the world come to the host site to compete using similar antennas and locations, overseen by on-site referees. The WRTC competition has typically been held as a contest-within-a-contest coincident with the IARU World HF Championship to capitalize on the high activity of a popular world-wide operating event.
Groups interested in hosting WRTC2026 should submit a Letter of Intent, with a summary proposal. This should include the following items:
- Committee Organization, identifying each of the principals involved and any relevant organizational and amateur radio experience especially in contesting/radiosport.
- Competition Description, including planned number of teams, geographic location of operating sites, and competitor selection process.
- Social Aspects, including approximate schedule, travel, and housing arrangements for participants.
- Financing, including an outline of the budget and fundraising approach. A detailed budget is not required at this time.
- Expected assistance and involvement from local and regional amateur radio organizations and regulatory authorities.
- Public Exposure, including plans to publicize and promote the event locally and worldwide.
Letters of Intent must be submitted no later than March 31, 2023 at 2359 UTC. The WRTC-SC will review all proposals received and will respond by April 30, 2023. Additional information may be requested.
It is the goal of the WRTC-SC to announce the venue for the WRTC2026 at the close of WRTC2022 in Bologna in July 2023. Letters of Intent should be submitted directly to the Chairman of the WRTC Sanctioning Committee, Tine Brajnik, S50A, via email to email@example.com