Well known contester and DXpeditioner, Mark Haynes, M0DXR and his family were awoken by their smoke alarms on June 25th. After a quick investigation, seeing flames ripping through their utility room into the kitchen, Mark heroically ran upstairs and ensured that his wife and 3 of their children got clear of the house before smoke completely ensnared them.

Having called 999 they were taken in by neighbours, before being checked by paramedics and then A&E. They are thankfully all safe and well.

Nearly everything they had has been ruined by fire, heat or smoke, upstairs too, including their clothes inside wardrobes etc.

Full info and Fundraiser here