SEPTEMBER 9 — I want to inform the radio amateur community, that after months of hard work – the preparation of 5W0GC & YJ0GC DXpedition 2018 is in the final phase! The antennas and the technical equipment (transceivers and amplifiers) have been tested and now are packed! We are ready!
1. Stan, LZ1GC will travel from Bulgaria to the Pacific Ocean on 26 September 2018. As planned, 5W0GC should be on the air around 12 GMT on 28 September 2018.
2. The meeting of YJ0GC team, consisting – Stan (LZ1GC), Lubo (OM5ZW) and Karel (OK2WM) will be on 15 October 2018 at Nadi Airport, Fiji Republic (3D2). The same day is our flight to Port Vila, Vanuatu. Due to the late arrival time in Vanuatu and the night’s arrival, most likely YJ0GC should be on the air around 20 GMT, on 15 October 2018.
3. Important for LoTW users !!! 5W0GC and YJ0GC LoTW certificates have already been received! So that all sponsors can to receive LoTW confirmation of their contacts with 5W0GC and YJ0GC immediately after of end of every of these activities!
73! Stan, LZ1GC
JUNE 15 – YJ0GC activity will be with 3 operators – Stan (LZ1GC), Lubo (OM5ZW) and Karel (OK2WM).
APRIL 15 — During the last few days, Stan LZ1GC received his licenses for upcoming expeditions to Samoa (5W0GC) & Vanuatu (YJ0GC). Flight tickets and accommodation is already reserved.
- 5W0GC between September 28 to October 14, 2018.
- YJ0GC between October 15 to November 4, 2018.
Both activities will be from 160-6m; CW, SSB and RTTY. Focus will be 160 / 80m, but will also QRV on all bands in NON-STOP style!